We spend more than a third of our lives in bed. If we were to add to that the time we spend dressing, undressing, and getting ready for bed or for the day ahead the time we spend in the bedroom is even greater. So it’s essential, if we are less mobile than we used to be, that we remain able to enjoy and to use our bedrooms as we would wish to – so that we are:
- Comfortable in bed both whilst awake and asleep
- Able to change position easily and safely
- Able easily and safely to get in and out of bed
- Able if we wish to eat, to read and to write easily and comfortably
- Able to maintain our personal hygiene
- Able to retain our independence, privacy and dignity
We supply a full range of products that will help you continue to enjoy all the pleasures of your bedroom:
- Adjustable Beds
- Mattress protectors
- ‘Protective’ Bed Linen
- Bed pads
- Bed rails of all shapes and sizes
- Back-rests & Leg-rests
- Blanket cradles
- Leg- Raiser cushions and other Specialist cushions of all shapes
- Discrete commodes
Profiling beds are designed for people that need more care and help in the bedroom.
- The multi profiling options mean that the risk of developing pressure sores is reduced.
- The beds have a beech finish which helps them to look less clinical
- They have locking castors for ease of movement.
- Different side rails are available along with bumpers and wedges that pad the sides of the bed.
- Selecting the right mattress for the user is very important
- The mattresses also have to be suitable for a profiling bed.
- It is very important to determine whether the user will need low, medium or high risk pressure care.
- Remember: when selecting a mattress for a bed with side rails the distance between the top of the rail and the top of the mattress should be 22cm or more for safety.
The Medley Ergo Range of profiling beds offers the perfect balance between budget, functionality and quality.
- The range of height combinations, provide ideal positions for carers and ideal comfort for the user.
- The Medley Ergo Low is available for people that are prone to fall out of bed or need the bed to be lower than normal.
- Crash mats can also be relevant for people that are prone to fall out of bed, they can be attached to the bed for added security or placed to the side.
- Wooden or steel full length rails are available along with a range of collapsible three quarter length steel side rails available in various heights.
Assembling the bed is relatively easy and can be done without the use of specialist tools or technicians.
WE PROVIDE A FREE DELIVERY AND INSTALLATION SERVICE IF THIS IS MORE CONVENIENT FOR PURCHASERS.
Medley Ergo Range prices from: £895.00 ex VAT
An adjustable bed works much in the same way as a profiling bed, and with multiple adjustment options it can reduce discomfort and pressure problems. The designs are more homely and you have an option of a single or a double bed.
The Grand Duke is a multi-zone reflection mattress suitable for a variety of bed styles including Divan and shallow, with feet or castors, depending on your personal preference. The Grand Duke is proven to promote better sleep and relief for joints and muscles. It also features a Coolmax cover, helping the sleeper to stay cool in the summer and warm in the winter. If added comfort is what you’re after then you could opt for the additional option of a massage unit when you order.
Mattress (single) prices from £399.00 ex VAT.
Adjustable bed (single )prices from £599.00 ex VAT.